Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Little Words

I am amazed at how little words like "thank you" and "please" can change how my day appears and can change my mood and therefore my reactions. After a long day today of running here and there and everywhere with the kids, I was quite ready to put everyone to bed and have a little quiet time when all of the sudden after cutting some pumpkin bread for a bedtime treat there came to my ears the words, "Thank you." I smiled and realized how happy I was to give my girls something they really wanted and appreciated and bedtime didn't have to seem so imminent. Then came the words, "Please can I have some, too?" I was no longer in a tired, frazzled mood. The bedtime hour was pleasant as they ate their bread, we read a book, and then they hurried off to brush their teeth and go to sleep.

No comments: