Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Voting

Today was voting day and I cast my votes. It didn't take long and I feel good about the decisions I have made. It disgusts me to no end when others don't vote as our society has been founded by men and women who often died to preserve our liberties, freedoms, and our abilities to have our voices heard. There are always excuses but with mail in ballots, early voting periods, etc., there is no excuse to not vote. Your opinions matter especially at the city and county levels. I take my children with me every time voting comes along so that they can see how much it matters to me and how important it is. Today we left for school earlier than normal so that I could vote and the girls could get stickers. At my voting place where there are 3 precincts voting together, I was number 86. It took me less than five minutes to cast my votes for the various issues and people running.

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" (Edmund Burke).

No comments: