Thursday, July 2, 2009

The end of the beginning

This afternoon I will make my last trip to the old elementary school to pick up E. We've been in that neighborhood for 7 and a half years. My girls have literally grown up there. We said our goodbyes to the crossing guards this morning as they have helped us cross safely for the past 3 years. Today, they have one more time to help my daughter cross the streets safely. They amaze me with their dedication to crossing the children safely in all kinds of weather. I have seen them day in and day out brave the cold snow, blizzard winds, the pelting rain, or the hot sun. Today we once again gave them a small token of thanks for all that they do because how can you ever truly express your gratitude to someone who has helped to keep your child safe.

I've said goodbye to teachers who have taught my daughters the joy of learning and wish that the younger ones could have been taught by them and hope that new teachers will pick up where these outstanding teachers have left off.

The trips past the old house will become fewer and fewer. Already when I drive by I see my flowers blooming and hope that the new owners enjoy them as much as I did.

Yet as much I will miss all the familiar places and people there is much to look forward to in our new area. The next stage is just beginning and I for one am excited to see what it will hold.

No comments: