Friday, February 5, 2010

Super sonic hearing

Last night Steve and I were in the basement watching some tv before retiring to bed. The house was quiet as all the children were sound asleep or at least we thought they were until we felt a presence behind us and when looking back we saw E who calmly said, "I think I have lice. My head itches and I can hear them scurrying over my head." Steve and I are trying not to laugh at this last comment and being the good mom that I am, I told E to come sit in front of me and I would look at her hair. I asked her where she was itchy and started looking there but I couldn't see anything. I had Steve come and he told E that he couldn't see anything either. E however is sure that she heard something. "I hear them scurrying around on my head! I told her that if she could hear the lice that she had super sonic hearing and that she could be a world famous spy as everyone would want her ears. We then said that if should hear them that she should tell them to stop running around so that she could get some sleep. E then responded, "But I don't know how to speak lice." Steve told her that if she listened long enough that she'd be able to figure out their language. E then starts speaking to "them" as she heads off to bed. Steve and I were now laughing uncontrollably. Hopefully tonight will be a better night and that all those lice will have been told to let E sleep.

No comments: