Sunday, November 7, 2010

Project Gratitude: Day 4

We are thankful for the scriptures.
Read a favorite story from them.

E read to us her favorite scripture found in 1 Nephi 10:18 which reads: "For he is the same yesterday, to-day, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him."

T loves the part of the Book of Mormon when Jesus comes to the Nephites. 3 Nephi 11:6-11 which reads:
"And behold, the third time they did understand the voice which they heard; and it said unto them:
Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name—hear ye him.
And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.
And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying:
Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning."

M told us that (this week) she liked the story of Captain Moroni and his title of liberty.

We are grateful for the scriptures that tell us stories and how we learn to be better people. We love how we feel when we read them as a family and how even little H wants to try and read some words with us. I am thankful for scriptures that give me peace and comfort.

No comments: